European SCULPTURE Path 2021 – Visions for Europe
Art moves Europe e. V. invites artists from all European countries to create a European SCULPTURE Path 2021 targeting at least one sculpture in each European country. In an ideal scenario the sculpture will be the result of a dialogue between two or more artists from two different cultural regions of Europe.
- Europe as a continent has a unique situation, based on a fantastic regional and cultural diversity and at the same time having created a vision of democratic and peaceful cooperation over the last 70 years in an open and democratic society.
- Europe is at the same time facing huge challenges and needs to overcome stagnation, defend against nationalistic tendencies and create a new vision for Europe besides economic aspects.
- In art, sports or music people from diverse cultures understand the importance and are mostly enthusiastic about dialogue, diversity and inspiration from other cultural background. We believe that we have a responsibility to give a good example to political and capital organizations, showing what is possible by only using the power of committed people and willingness to live respect and promote cooperation and dialogue.
- This initiative wants to give a message to the society to defend and develop those achievements by taking action and creating tangible and visible signs for a bright future of a strong Europe in the world.
Conditions of participation
- Each sculpture must have a minimum size of 2021 mm.
- The sculpture must give a positive message about the vision or the future of Europe facing current challenges like sustainability, democracy, open society or similar issues identified by the artists.
- The sculpture must be set up on May 9th 2021 in a place open and visible to the public and optimally (not mandatory) remain in such place after May 2021.
- There are no rules or limitations for artists on the concept and realization beside the above. The artists will decide on material, timing etc.
- The sculptures must be financed, realized and placed by the participating artists and local sponsors.
Art moves Europe e. V. will offer or give support to:
- Run the website art-moves-europe.eu and a YouTube channel to document the development and create publicity which can be used by the artists
- Find sponsoring, help organizing material and working place, support networking of interested artists
- Run a virtual fusing event in May 2021
- Scan the finalized sculpture and print a 3D model on a scale of 1:20
- Initiate a traveling exhibition after May 2021 showing a map of Europe with the 3D models of the sculptures
- A 10000 km tour along the sculptures of the European SCULPTURE Path 2021 accompanied by a camera team, documented on a blog and ideally presented in a documentation sponsored by TV or a similar sponsor who can help to make the idea public
- Find sponsoring from European funds, which would be used to first finance the needed infrastructure and, in case of additional money, refund cost for material and placing for those who could not manage to find local sponsors.
- A base funding to finance critical steps of the project has already been granted
The creation of 4 sculptures in 4 countries has already been committed